Forum, Shoutbox & Other Shit

This is the only place where you usually cannot post but where you are able to read. But you do have to read anything posted here because you might be required to do something. Check this board regularly.

Forum, Shoutbox & Other Shit

Postby niLotiCus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Yop y'all!! Nice to see the forum is up and running. And nice to see you guys have been visiting the website and kept writing shouts.

The forum was down because I altered an important file. I knew what I was doing but I didn't think of all the effects it'd have on things here on the server. So that's why the forum was screwed. It took a lot of time to fix itbecause I was too pissed to spend much time on the problem. What pissed me the most was that once again the forum software turned out to be a pain in the arse, though later I discovered it was partially my own fault.

Anyway malware doesn't have anything to do with this, and the pop-up windows on the front page are not related either. The shoutbox is free software and looks like they need to show advertisements in order to stay that way.

Anyway luckily I created a back-up file before unistalling the forum, so I think the majority of the messages have been restored.
Fights battling crocodile hunters and hunts mooses or whatever those things eat, in the high nords where Vikings still rule the country, with snow as his element.
niLotiCus
Site Admin

Re: Forum, Shoutbox & Other Shit

Postby brick » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Nice to see the forum back Tico !!
anyway the posts seem to end at december 2011
so that rixrax has only 518 msg !! can you recover the remaining messages Tico :shock: ?
brick

Postby niLotiCus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

I'm afraid I cannot. I have only one back-up file and it's so old that not all the messages are in it.
Fights battling crocodile hunters and hunts mooses or whatever those things eat, in the high nords where Vikings still rule the country, with snow as his element.
niLotiCus
Site Admin

Postby rixrax » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 am

There were about 2494 posts if I remember right so we lost a few. Unfortunately the tl;dr list of XIII videos so I have to do that one again :cry:
Anyway I'm still happy that you recovered so many and I had a good time a few days ago reading some topics.
You most read me
rixrax

Return to Important Notifications